Thursday, August 13, 2009

Homecoming


The most relaxing place in the world.


Grammy posing with Sophia and her antique bicycle.


In Rhoadesville you spend a lot of time swinging -- and yes, Sophia has her own swing!


Cooking with Grammy and Pop. Sophia where is your apron?


Playing at the playground...


more playing...


Sophia having her first taste of Granny Herndon's homemade blackberry cobbler - yummy!


Dessert time! Granny Herndon came down to Rhoadesville Saturday afternoon.


Watching Pop blow bubbles.


Snuggle (and snack) time with Granny Herndon.


Getting ready for Homecoming...again, we are in a swing. :)


Phillip, Miles, and Cassidy. My cute little cousins.

More cousins. Sophia and I with three generations, Terry, Elaine, and little Asa.


And, more cousins! Another three generations, Lynette, Gail, Andrew and Joe with Sophia, Cassidy, and I.


Grammy Gram and Sophia


Cousins!

Yeah, we're home! And our first weekend back we had a relaxing weekend with Mom and Dad at Rhoadesville to celebrate Homecoming. No, not our homecoming but the 121st Homecoming of Rhoadesville Baptist Church, the home church of my extended family.

Time for a brief history...

Rhoadesville Baptist Church is located across the road from where my great-grandparents lived. My grandmother (and her 3 brothers) and my grandfather (and his 6 brothers and sisters) grew up next to each other so, that means my grandfather married the girl next door. After my Gang-Gang (my great-grandmother on my mother's side) passed away my parents bought her house. It's a quiet little get-a-away for my Mom and Dad and a great place for family to gather. Many of my extended family members travel back to Rhoadesville for Homecoming every second Sunday in August and it is always good to catch up with lots and lots of aunts, uncles, and cousins.

The pictures above are from the great weekend...

1 comment: