Monday, February 21, 2011

17 weeks, 7 days and counting...


Sporting the growing baby bump.


Sophia in her brand new big sister pajamas from Grammy!

I had a doctor's appointment last Friday and all seems to be going well with baby #2. Sophia was such a big girl and came with me to my appointment. She was very proud to tell Dr. Wamhoff, the same doctor that delivered her, that she was going to be a BIG sister (she really emphasizes the big part). Sophia and I both smiled when we heard the little heartbeat. It is truly the sweetest sound in the entire world. We only have to wait a few more weeks before we know the gender of Baby #2!

I have been feeling pretty well these days. I did have some sinus headaches/dizziness last week but that seems to be much better now. I have more energy than I did in the first trimester and I have started to eat everything in sight. In the past week or so I have started to feel a few flutters and I look forward to when the baby really starts to move and groove.

Sophia loves to talk to her future brother/sister through my belly button. She will ask to speak to the baby or she will just say, "I see it Mama?" Sophia usually starts off by saying, "What you doing in there, baby?" She will bring the baby toys or wrap my stomach up in a blanket. Sophia doesn't seem to have a preference on whether she has a brother or sister. Lately, when we ask her if she would like a boy baby or a girl baby she says, "I would like a ball."

1 comment: